Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Protector

When I started elementary school, it went all the way to the 8th grade. There were no middle schools or Junior Highs. At that time me, my brother Mark, and my sister Michelle rode the school bus to and from Holly Springs Elementary School. I remember being in the first grade and thinking that the big kids were so big. My sister Michelle was one of the big kids and not someone to be messed with. People didn't pick on her because she would "kick their ass".  I remember two girls who were a grade below my sister making me sit between them on the bus. They would pick on me, say mean things to me and try to not let me get out of my seat at my bus stop. My sister would drag me out from between them and threaten them with one of her famous "ass kickings". I guess they were itching to prove she could do it because the first time Michelle missed school, they wouldn't let me get off the bus at my stop. They told me to keep quiet, which I did until the two girls arrived at their stop. At that point I made my way to the bus driver, crying of course, and told her what had happened. By the time she got back around to my house to drop me off everyone was worried. I told my parents, my brothers, and of course my sister Michelle what had happened. She said, "That's it! I'm kicking their ass tommorrow!" And that is just what she did. I remember some hair grabbing and some arms flying. Most of all I remember those two "big" girls crying like I had the day before when they wouldn't let me off the bus. Of course Michelle got suspended from the bus, but that was okay cause dad took us to school for a few days. I loved my sister so much that day. She was always my protector. Neither those girls, nor anyone else for that matter, ever messed with me after that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment