Saturday, February 11, 2012

Overfilled Shoes.

Last night I dreamed about my sister Michelle. We were on the back porch of our old house. She had borrowed my shoes, but because her feet were so much bigger than mine, she overfilled them. Her feet were literally hanging out over the toes of the shoes. In my dream I knew she had already gone, but I begged her, "Please come back. Please just come back". I told her, "You need to go to the doctor". She hung her head low and said "I can't". Tears filled her eyes. She told me, "It's too late". "No!" I said, but then I woke up. Again, she's gone.
It's been almost 7 years. She was so much bigger in life than I will ever be. Her life and her death is still a puzzle which I try to piece together in my sleep. Hoping that if I can just get it right, maybe, just maybe, it will all be a dream.

2 comments:

  1. I worked with Michelle for about a year and a half at Canton Supply in the early 90's. I had a lot of good memories there, and she is a major reason why. Michelle was one of the sweetest, funniest people I have ever met, and every time I think of her I smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog Keith. I know Michelle was very fond of you. She spoke of you often.

      Delete